Unable to complete login/authorization process

May 26, 2009 at 3:57 AM
Edited May 26, 2009 at 4:03 AM

Win XP, IE8 Photo Gallery build 14.0.8064.206 ... up to date

Same result if I'm already logged into Facebook, or if logged out.

·       In Photo gallery I select an image, and then initiate the LiveUpload to Facebook plugin

·       Chose Facebook Account window comes up ... there are no accounts, just the Add new account ... select Next

·       Login to Facebook window comes up ... select Login

·       If I didn't log out (and I use the 'remember me' setting) I simply get an IE8 tab that comes up with a blue strip top Facebook banner which says "You may now close this window and return to the application" .. I've continued trying both closing and not closing this window.

·       The LiveUpload window is now the Complete Authorization window ... I have tried going forward (next) with the "I don't want to manually ... " check box checked or not checked

·       Selecting next gives the error "The authorization process could not be completed.  Please login again.

I've seen the similar post about the a person's account not showing up and your recommendation about closing the IE program and then continuing with the log in process ... tried this, no difference ... always the "The authorization process could not be completed ... error message when trying to log in.

Thank you in advance … Paul

May 28, 2009 at 4:22 AM
Edited May 28, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I'm getting the same error, bit i've no signed into Facebook trough WLPhoto Gallery, just click on login and i get this error, i've tried to run WLPG as admin, but it doesn't work.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Hope this shot can help.

I've forgot I'm running Win7 build 7127 and IE 8 Build 7127.

May 28, 2009 at 5:03 AM

I'm getting the same error as rv53705. I have Vista x86 w/ IE8.

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:09 AM

I tried today to make it working, and i got it under Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x86 and IE8, everything worked perfectly :D

Jun 15, 2009 at 12:49 AM

It works fine for me now too ... XP (SP3), Vista Home Basic (SP1) and Vista Home Premium (SP2) w/ IE8 .... thanks for what ever tweeks you did ---- soooooo much easier than having to cut and paste all the descriptions.

Apr 28, 2010 at 9:28 AM

It used to work for me. But somehow it doesnt work now. I had used it well and fine before. And it even remembered my account. But now it asks to register my account again. The login authentication process was not successful. I am running Windows 7 x64.

I have to use a proxy to access Facebook. Is that the reason why it does not work?

Please help!

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2010 at 5:14 PM

LiveUpload to Facebook does not have full proxy support, so that is probably why it is not working. This would be a good feature to add in future versions, so thanks for letting me know!