All of my Facebook albums using this application have disappeared.

Jun 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM

I have loved using this application.   Yesterday, when I went to upload a picture to FB, none of our existing accounts came up and I couldn't even create a "new" account and start over.  I got an error message that says "there was an error initiating the login process".  Furthermore, all the albums I created on FB using LiveUpload (tons) are completely gone.  I'm pretty upset.  Has Facebook banned this application like the KDE applications?  (I'm not a techie, but googling the issue, I found that they had banned other open source applications) I hope this is just a minor glitch that will get fixed soon :(

Coordinator
Jun 28, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Facebook disabled my LiveUpload plug-in yesterday, though I'm not completely sure why because it was shut down by an automated computer program, not a human. I've started the appeals process to re-enable it. Sorry for the inconvienence but unfortunately I have no control over Facebook.

Jun 28, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I am having the very same problem. I am hoping FB will fix this issue.  :P

Jun 28, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Oh--I'm not upset with you--it's a great application and very convenient and I hope you get it reinstated because we love it here.

Thanks for replying.

Jun 28, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Same problem here.   Now I understand why it affected some albums, but not others.  I hope this was just a Facebook oversight and they get you back online soon.  Thanks for your efforts.

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2011 at 4:01 AM

Everything should be back up and working now. This is the response I got from Facebook:

Hi Will,

We appreciate your inquiry. Your app was temporarily disabled by our automated systems, but it seems to be up and running properly now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Phoebe
The Platform Team
Facebook

Jun 30, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Thanks so much!