This project is read-only.

Got the plug-in, still can't upload photos to FB, what is wrong?

Aug 1, 2010 at 11:26 AM

At first I thought the plug-in for windows live photo gallery was the solution to all my FB upload problems, but it was not to be, it worked a couple of times, now when I try to use it a pop-up box says 'unable to write data to the transport connection. An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine (0x80131620).' A new album is created on my FB profile, but the selected photo(s) won't upload. I have the latest java version.  I also can't add photos to albums on FB, it just says 'upload failed, please try again later'. Help please

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2010 at 5:50 AM
Can you check if there is a log file on your computer? That would help me diagnose the issue. Depending on when the crash is happening, the log file may not exist. You can find it by doing the following:

1. Click "Start" and then "Run" (on Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can click "Start", then type "Run" and hit Enter to open it).
2. Paste the following in the Run dialog: %localappdata%\LiveUpload\Facebook
4. Click OK in the Run dialog. This should open up a folder. (If you get an error here, the log file probably doesn't exist.)
3. Email me (willduff at gmail dot com) the file "LiveUploadFacebook.log"
Thanks!