This project is read-only.

Keep having to "Add Account"

Apr 22, 2009 at 7:49 AM
Every time I restart my computer I have to add my Facebook account again. Any ideas?

I'm using Windows 7 btw.

Thanks,

James
Apr 29, 2009 at 12:14 AM
+1 on this.  Also using Win7 (seen this behavior on build 7000 and 7057) and I frequently have to re-add my account.

Chris
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Thanks for letting me know about this bug.

Can you guys try something for me to see if it helps?

1.) Go to www.facebook.com and log out of your account, then close your web browser.
2.) Open up Windows Live Photo Gallery and choose a picture you'd like to upload. Then go to Publish > More Services > LiveUpload to Facebook to open the plug-in.
3.) If your Facebook account shows up in the accounts list, delete it.
4.) Select "Add new account...", then press Login.Your web browser should open up and direct you to a Facebook login page.
5.) Type in your Email and Password, and make sure that "Keep me logged in to LiveUpload" is checked! Then press Login.
6.) Once you've successfully logged into Facebook, close your web browser and go back to the plug-in to finish the authorization process.
7.) Make sure to successfully upload your picture to Facebook using the plug-in, otherwise your account will not be stored!

Now try restarting and see if your account is still there after a restart. Please let me know whether this does or does not work.

-Will

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:14 AM
Will,

You solution worked perfectly for me; thanks! I'll let you know if it occurs again.

Perhaps you could update the download page with these instructions?

James