New Beta is Out!

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2009 at 1:39 AM
Please leave feedback/comments/criticism in this discussion especially if you encounter a new bug or see an old one pop up! If all goes well, the final release should be out in about a week.
Jan 29, 2009 at 3:29 AM
Edited Jan 29, 2009 at 3:48 AM
Cool, I will check it out
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2009 at 3:49 AM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the comments. That part of the code is executed directly after uploading each image. By then, all links between Windows Live Photo Gallery (WLPG) person tags and Facebook accounts will have already been set (this is done via the UI right before you hit Publish). What that snippet does is go through the list of WLPG person tags in the image that was just uploaded and finds a corresponding AccountLink. An AccountLink object holds a relationship between a WLPG person tag and a Facebook account.

The actual algorithm to match a WLPG person tag to a Facebook account is in ConfigurationSettings.cs starting on line 515. There are a few things I do to make sure I get some good pattern matching. For example, I now only grab the first and last name from Facebook in the first place so there are no middle names to deal with. I also do a case-insensitive match between all of your Facebook friends and your WLPG person tags. Any matches not found can easily be edited in the UI right before you hit the Publish button.
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2009 at 9:08 PM
@mrstick2000

Thank you for the ideas (both the account preservation and new album privacy). I'll implement them as soon as I can.
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2009 at 8:42 PM
I've just released a second version of the Beta with some significant upgrades. You can now choose the visibility of an album you create (Facebook only lets me choose between four options: "Everyone", "My Networks", "Friends of Friends", "Only Friends"). Also, when upgrading from version 1.0.0.1 (the current stable release) your authenticated profiles will be saved.

Due to a bug in the first Beta, you will have to uninstall the Beta 1 to install Beta 2. Your settings will be saved even if you uninstall via Add/Remove Programs, so it shouldn't impact you in any way. Please try out Beta 2 and let me know what you think!
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2009 at 11:16 PM
Beta 3 is now out! Barring any unforeseen bugs, this should the last Beta release before v2 is officially out. Please test it out, especially if you are using a different Window's language format then English (United States).

http://www.codeplex.com/liveuploadfacebook/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=22491